Isle of Palms Beaches
The newly designed Front Beach area on the Isle of Palms is located on Ocean Boulevard from 10th Avenue to 14th Avenue.
* No motorized vehicles on beach
* Personal property left unattended on the beach after sunset may be removed
* Holes dug in the sand should be filled back in for safety
* Jet Skis and motorboats may not operated in designated swimming areas
* For your safety, no glass bottles are allowed on the beach
* No overnight sleeping on beach
* Please protect our dunes, use the paths
* Fireworks are prohibited
* Dogs must be on a leash and owners must clean up after their pets
* Alcoholic beverages are prohibited
July 4th Parade Golf Carts
* Must be operated daylight hours ONLY
* Driver must have a valid driver's license and have in possession
* Must be driven on a secondary highway or street within two (2) miles of residence.
* Must be operated by Owner ONLY
* Registration must be carried when golf cart is operated
* Golf carts are not allowed on the beach.
Isle of Palms Beach Access and Parking
Visitors who come to the Isle of Palms have many options for beach access and parking. The City offers more than 50 beach access paths. Note that driving on the beach or on beach access paths is strictly prohibited.
City Parking Lots on Pavilion: The City maintains two parking lots close to Front Beach on Pavilion Drive. One lot offers handicapped parking and season-long parking for those with a decal. The other lot offers daily parking for a nominal fee. During the beach season, lot attendants will provide directions.
Blue Wave Beach
The City of Isle of Palms has been certified for the Blue Wave Season and, as such, will again be flying the Blue Wave Flag. This certification is given to beaches that meet specific criteria related to cleanliness, safety and access to the public.
This is the eighth year in a row that the City’s beach has received this certification from the Clean Beaches Council out of Washington, DC.
Isle of Palms Real-Time Tide Chart